Monday, November 10, 2008

Great Weekend

I had a great weekend! The Texas Tech Red Raiders won a huge game Saturday, and I got to work in my workshop all weekend long. What more can a girl ask for, lol. I'm strange I know. First project was some cabinet doors I've had in my stash for years. They had a hole in the center of them, and I wasn't sure what to do with them until now. I picked up some iron pieces at Canton last weekend and waalah, key holders....
My next project was to paint this hutch top to use as a display piece in my upcoming shows. I bought it at an estate sale a few weeks ago. I love the "peely" paint, but once I got it home, I realized the paint was peeling way too bad. If you touched it the paint would peel off. So I sanded it down, a kinda gave it a white wash look. I think it'll work great...



The last project I got finished was these neat little bird ornaments. I cut the birds out of some scrap wood I had, used spray adhesive to cover them with scrapbook paper or wrapping paper, and then hot glued the greenery on....

2 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Steph! Thanks SO much for commenting on my blog! I was so pleasantly surprised! Yes, we will be home on the 29th and I am DEFINITELY planning on being at the square. One of these years mom and I will be there selling her wares, and who knows, maybe I'll be selling copies of my children's book I will someday write! LOL!

I just have to say, you are SO talented! I wish I could hire you to do my cabinets! They are in dire need of painting and refreshing. I have all the stuff to do it, I'm just too chicken to start. I love everything on your blog! I will have to check out your Etsy shop, too! Can't wait to see you over Thanksgiving and Yes, please show your Mom the doily! I absolutely LOVE it and LOVE how the reframing looks!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

You are very creative...these are lovely!