Friday, May 1, 2009


I thought I'd share a small project I just finished up last night. Sorry I forgot to take before pics. This frame started out being very modern with metal edges. I decoupaged some scrapbook paper on top of them. I painted two of the glass with chalkboard paint, and replaced the other two with some cork tiles I found at the Dollar Tree. I painted the cork black and waalaah, a new desktop message center. I still need to make some cute pushpins for it.

I just found Chrissie Grace's Chalkboard paint party! Check it out for some really neat projects.

Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Apple Tree Cottage said...

That is too cute!!! How smart you are!

:-) Martha

Unknown said...

That is such a cool project! Were the frames already glued together? I love the idea with the chalk board paint! You painted that right over the glass?

~Really Rainey~

Girly Stuff said...

Really creative! I like the black and white.

Remodel Guy has a recipe for chalkboard paint. Then you can do it in any color for probably alot less. It was in a recent post.

Jadehollow said...

Steph.. Those are great! I'm gonna have to get busy on a chalkboard project.. it's all the craze! Love your new message center.
Thanks for stopping by earlier and leaving such a gracious comment.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Debbie

I Play Outside The Box said...

Cute idea!

Unknown said...

Hi! I love this...it turned out so pretty!
Thanks for playing...;)
Chrissie

;) said...

Great project. I love the paper that you used on it. I would love to be looking at that message center everyday. I think that I have a few frames around here that I could transform. Thanks for the idea.

Shannon

the undomesticated wife said...

Great idea for a message center!

Free Art Printables said...

Very cute!

sara said...

Hi Steph! I love this!!!!! Adorable. Great job!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute frames!

Kitty said...

Wow! what an awesome idea! These would make great gifts for home, office or school! love 'em!