Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Small makeover.

This coming weekend we are surprising my mother with a Retirement Party. Perhaps the biggest surprise is that it's at her house. Her friends love to do this to her, because she has the perfect party pad. So I have been trying to get both of our places ready. She just thinks that I'm being super nice for mowing her yard, and such. I've been rearranging furniture in my house like crazy. Since it's a small house there isn't that many ways to try. I don't have pics of all of it yet, but I did get some of the church pew that I moved into my dining room. I used to have it in the living room, but it was way too crowded. It fit nicely on this wall. I finally got to hang the last of my Canton purchases over it.
I did get one small project finished. I've had this shelf for probably 15 years, no joke. Sad to say in those 15 years it was never painted or shown any love. So I gave it a face-lift. I added some beadboard and trim,
a shiny new coat of paint. I really don't know if it had ever hung on my wall before. I always remember haveing it in the back of my closet. Sorry for the bad pictures.

6 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh, I love the church pew. It is just gorgeous and wow what a change to the little shelf. I just love it. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

Hey Steph :) That is super nice of you tho...Take lots of photos of the surprise!

~Really Rainey~

Girly Stuff said...

I need the church pew.

I am assuming mom doesn't read your blog!

Have fun at the party! The shelf looks really good with that beadboard and fresh coat of paint!

Cheryl said...

Hey Steph - make sure to tell your Mom I'm holding her (and you) to the ROAD TRIP now that's she is retiring! ;-D

{oc cottage} said...

The shelf looks great!!!

m ^..^

M KD Wilson said...

even I heard about this party...! those women are crazy from the sounds of it! tell your mom congrats for me and i hope it was a blast!