Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Good Long Weekend

Well first off, we pulled of the surprise part of the party. My favorite aunt and cousins came into town early and we all went out to eat and do some shopping. Mom never suspected a thing, because that's what we do when we get together. We eat and we shop. I thought it would be hard to kill almost 3 hours after we ate but time flew by. My mom later said she wondered why my aunt looked at every single shirt in Cato's. It was fun visiting with family and friends.

I've had some construction going on at my house and they are finally finished. I had a porch added and a small laundry room built. Being the do-it-herself-er that I am, I told the contracter that I would paint the porch and finish the inside of the washroom. After working in the heat a little bit yesterday, I questioned my decision a little. Taking a break from filling in all nail holes, I watched this two little ones. They were having quite a discussion. They are mud swallows. They eat mosquitos, so we always welcome them with open arms.
So here is an inside shot of the little room that is very unfinished.

My first experiment was to paint the tar paper that is showing on the inside. I was afraid it would bleed through it.

But so far so good. I only got a small section done before I thought I was going to melt, so stay tuned to see how I finish the room.

Jen over at Sanctuary Arts is hosting a makeover party. I didn't get to do the project I wanted so I thought I'd share my mailbox. I cut this out with my cricut and the Sure Cuts A Lot program. It sure brightened up her plain mailbox. Be sure to go visit Jen's blog, she does beautiful work.

9 comments:

Dirt Princess said...

Love the mailbox!

Laura said...

The mailbox is amazing. I enjoyed visiting-

I'm also from South Texas. Come see me,

Laura

whitespraypaint.blogspot.com

Free Art Printables said...

Love the mailbox! It will be so nice when it is done ! Jen

Jennifer DeDonato said...

What a great mailbox...you did great!

Christina said...

Thanks fo the comment...yes that is where I saw it. I can't believe that is made out of tin. Did you paint it? The mailbox looks great too.

Girly Stuff said...

I'm so glad the surprise was a success!

The porch looks nice. I can't wait to see the finished laundry room.

Why did you say you could finish it? Don't you have enough projects waiting in the wings to do?

The mailbox is great. Very sassified!

Apple Tree Cottage said...

Hey Steph --- Love the mailbox!!! That laundry room is so great! I know that you will be glad to get it finished. Glad to know the party was a success....

Martha

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today! :) I like the links you posted!

Unknown said...

I love the mailbox. I can't wait to see your finished room!
xo
Chrissie